Kindle

Thursday 17 October 2013

SHOULD CHRISTIAN MINISTERS SIGN UP FOR REALITY TV SHOWS?



A reality show called 'Preachers of LA', has recently begun airing on tv channels in the US. My initial reaction when I read this was, 'Really?! Why?'.

With the glut of reality shows on air and the negative portrayals, I didn't think it was something Christian ministers should associate themselves with. I was also taken aback to note that some prominent men of God like Noel Jones, Clarence McClendon and Deitrick Haddon, had agreed to take part.

It has had a mixed reception, with other prominent preachers like TD Jakes speaking out against it.

One reason some of the participants have given for agreeing to sign up is that it would help to demystify men of God and make them more relatable. It would also help people to see the struggles and challenges they've had to overcome in their personal lives and ministry.

For me, however, the jury is still out!

2 comments:

  1. Christianity is about God's passion for the world - to transform people in the direction of God's dream for them. I worry about this Reality TV Show achieving the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, my sister. Knowing how cynical secular media are about Christianity, I won't be surprised if the shows editors portray them as celebrity wanna-bes!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. God bless!